Friday, March 18, 2011

Color Mixing

The girls and I had our first day with our new art supplies. We talked about mixing colors, which they already knew, but reinforced the idea of mixing a little too much.
They made some drip paintings where they let the colors run and mix together. Then, with the leftover paint, we talked about how some mixing was good and too much was not so good. Our red added to the yellow made a lovely orange and the red added to the blue made a deep purple, but they saw how when we mixed them all it made a yucky brown grey.

The blog above is where I have gotten the ideas for our art. She has an online art class going. I was late on getting all my supplies ready so I bought her class pdf.s which has everything laid out and we can go at our own pace. I've learned so much about art supplies just in getting ready to follow these plans! We'll see what we can do today!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Bethany. I came over from Unschooling Catholics. We got these same lessons. We only got about halfway through the color mixing part when we got all caught up in our move and now everything is packed away. Can't wait to get back to them, though, later in the summer. The kids were having so much fun.

    ReplyDelete