Wednesday, March 30, 2011

A Typical Day?

I thought I would try to show what a somewhat typical day was for us. Every day has it's challenges and yesterday was no different. I awoke fairly earlier and tried to watch the episode of The Journey Home which I had recorded, but about half way through kids were getting up and hungry. My youngest had her one year check up so we had to leave the house fairly early for us. That meant I needed everyone to be up, dressed and fed by about 9:30. I took the oldest four to daddy's office where the colored and watched TV while I went to the appointment. We also watched a Popular Mechanics for Kids DVD in the car. We left the house in a mess so I picked up lunch to make things a little easier. After lunch I held the baby while the girls played. Once the house was in a little better order, the girls wanted to paint. We tried out our new liquid watercolors and they had a great time. Daddy then called and said he would be a little late so we went ahead and ate dinner. After dinner, the older girls took turns taking long baths and I read some to my 3 and 5 yo's. Daddy was then home, but feeling bad, so I had everyone get ready for bed. The oldest two stayed up with him watching some car restoration show and the 3 yo feel asleep on the couch. The baby and 5 yo got in bed with me and fell asleep. Once everyone goes to bed, we move the 5 & 3 yo's to their room. I stayed up reading for a little while longer.

That's a fairly typical day. Today will be changing out winter/summer clothes & laundry. I'm thinking about the arboretum for tomorrow and we have Mass and a park day on Friday.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Bethany. I never thought of watching DVDs in the car. What a great idea. This could be a good way of filling in all that time waiting for piano lessons or singing lessons or whatever to finish. Learning on the go! God bless

    ReplyDelete